If you recently got an iPhone, here are six useful features on your new device that might not be instantly obvious to you:
- To instantly scroll to the top of the page in almost any app, just tap the status bar at the top (with the clock on it).
- To email multiple photos, go to your Camera Roll in the Photos app, tap the icon on the bottom left, then individually select each image you want to email. Finally, touch Share at the bottom, then Email. Update: If you select more than five photos, the Share button becomes disabled for some reason. If you want to email more than five photos, you can copy and paste them into the body of the email. Thanks to Leon for pointing this out.
- To reorganize your app icons, touch an icon on the home screen until they all start to jiggle. That is your cue to grab icons and move them around. For example, because I use my Camera more than my iPod, I moved the Camera icon to the dashboard at the bottom to make it more accessible. I also move apps I don’t use (Stocks, Contacts) to a separate page by dragging the icons off-screen to the left or right.
- To add a shortcut to your favorite website on your home screen, visit the site in Safari, press “+” and then “Add to Home Screen.” An icon will appear on your home screen for easier access to your bookmark.
- To pinpoint your location in Maps, tap the icon on the bottom left of a map. Your location is represented by a flashing blue dot. If you have a 3GS, tap the lower left icon again to reveal your cardinal direction (a headlight on the blue dot points north, south, east or west).
- To copy text, press and let go of the text and touch Select or Select All to choose the words you wish to copy. To paste text, hold and let go of the area where you are pasting to and touch Paste.
- To send a video or photo to someone via text message, go to your Camera Roll (in the Photos app) and tap the icon on the bottom left. Tap MMS.
- To sync your Google Calendar and your iPhone calendar, follow these directions.
- To make your iPhone ring longer, follow these steps.
Bonus iPhone tips
Got any iPhone tips to share? Please consider sending this post to a friend in need.Tweet
Get more iPhone insights, reviews & how-to's on Facebook: