Last August I published an article detailing my initial iPhone Jailbreak experience. At the time, Jailbreak was a time-consuming process, so I did it once but gave up on it after restoring my iPhone to install a new firmware update. Now there’s a much easier way to Jailbreak your iPhone — using ZiPhone — and it requires no more than 1 measly minute of your time.
ZiPhone’s Jailbreak method is fool-proof. Don’t believe me? Watch this video of a caveman I caught using ZiPhone to Jailbreak my iPhone:
Now that you’ve seen how easy it is to Jailbreak an iPhone with ZiPhone, you can do it yourself in 3 easy steps:
A word of caution: Although I haven’t had any trouble with this software, some viewers of my video on YouTube commented that they were having problems… so Jailbreak your iPhone at your own risk.
- Go to ZiPhone’s blog and download the latest software via the “Click here to Download ZiPhone” link just above the first blog post.
- Run the program.
- Plug in your iPhone — leaving iTunes open — and click the “Jailbreak iPhone” button.
In about 55 seconds you’ll have a Jailbroken iPhone with the latest iPhone firmware. Open the Installer app that’s now on your home screen to browse through hundreds of useful third-party applications.
So far, I’ve installed the following iPhone apps (thanks, caveman!):
- CameraPro, an app that adds digital zoom, grayscale and other features to the iPhone’s camera
- Tris, a Tetris game for iPhone
- weDict, a native iPhone dictionary
- iCopter, an iPhone version of the Flash-based Helicopter game
- Pianist, a touchscreen piano that satisfies my occasional urge to jam
Now that ZiPhone has made Jailbreaking so seamless, I can’t see why you wouldn’t want to try it out… at the very least to get a preview of what’s to come this June when Apple unveils the iPhone App Store.
And if for whatever reason you want to undo the Jailbreak, all you have to do is sync your iPhone with iTunes and restore it.
Have you used ZiPhone to Jailbreak your iPhone? What was your experience?Tweet
Get more iPhone insights, reviews & how-to's on Facebook: