Jailbreak iPhone 4.3.5 for iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS (Windows & Mac)
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS with iOS Version 4.3.5 Using Redsn0w.
Warning: Jailbreak at your own risk. Please exercise caution and read the comments, as these jailbreak instructions are not guaranteed to work.
Note: If you would like to jailbreak any other iPhone version, visit my comprehensive iPhone Jailbreak guide.
This tutorial contains jailbreak instructions for both Windows and Mac users, using Redsn0w. As of August 1, 2011, it is necessary to revert back to the iOS version 4.3.4 when jailbreaking, as explained in this tutorial.
Warning: This is a tethered jailbreak, which means that you will need to redo the jailbreak each time your iPhone reboots (you will not lose your data each time.)
Windows & Mac Users
- iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS
- Firmware: 4.3.5 (check your version in Settings » General » About)
- iTunes 10.4
- Download iOS 4.3.4 IPSW (iPhone 4 (GSM) or iPhone 3GS)
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.8b3 (Windows or Mac)
1. Open Redsn0w, click Browse and select the iOS 4.3.4 file that you previously downloaded.
2. Click Install Cydia and hit Next.
3. With your iPhone off and the USB cable plugged in, click Next.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode. Your iPhone will restart and be fully jailbroken.
5. Note: This is a tethered jailbreak, meaning you will have to redo the jailbreak each time that you reboot your iPhone. To do so, simply click the “Just Boot Tethered Right Now” option in Redsn0w.
Was your jailbreak successful? Please post questions and suggestions in the comments.